Sunday, August 10, 2008

COS Vineyard







I spend Saturday and night at with a dozen friends at this beautiful vineyard in the Ragusa province in southern Sicily, about 90 minutes from base. http://www.locandacos.it/english/default.htm
We arrived Saturday and spent the afternoon by the pool, then the owners held a wine tasting for us followed by a 5 course dinner. Sunday morning we had fresh baked crossaints and espresso along with a tour of the wine cellar. One of their wines is stored not in wooden barrels but in terra cotta urns buried in rock. (see above) That one was my favorite!
I start work tomorrow which I am looking forward to. I miss having a routine. Living in the bachelor's quarters is getting tiresome, too. I've been living out of the same suitcase since early July, and I'm ready to get settled into my new home.

No comments: